Serial / RS232 / RS485 | Communication | Products
RS-232C Serial I/O board for PCI Express
This product is a PCI Express bus-supported board designed for extending RS-232C compatible serial communication functionality on your PC. It has 8ch RS-232C-standard serial ports. With a 128byte built-in FIFO buffer for transmission and reception of each channel, the product supports a baud rate of up to 921,600bps. Up to 16 boards can be mounted on a single PC and the range COM1 - COM256 can be set. It also comes with a Windows/Linux driver, which allows boards to be used as OS-standard COM ports.
- It has 8ch RS-232C-standard serial ports. Baud rates from 2 to 921,600bps can be set for each port. When using the bundled [Standard COM Driver Software] and [Driver library API-PAC(W32)], baud rates from 15 to 921,600bps can be set.
- Comes with a driver software that allows the boards to be used under Windows / Linux in the same way as COM ports on the PC. Under Windows, the product supports the OS-standard Win32 API communication function as well as Visual Basic MSComm. Under Linux, OS-standard tty driver's standard-function can be used. In addition, supplies a diagnostic program to confirm hardware operation and to perform a communication test with equipment.
- Up to 16 boards can be mounted on a single PC. COM1 - COM256 can be set using the device manager.
- Employed a buffer memory 128-byte dedicated to transmission and 128-byte for each channel. These are FIFO format, useful for high speed communications and to reduce the load to the CPU when transmitting/receiving. As the device manager can be used to enable/disable the use of FIFO and set the FIFO trigger size, this permits operation to be adjusted to achiere optinal performance for your system.
- It prepares 8 channel distribution cable (PCE37/9PS, PCE37/25PS) and 37 pin D-SUB connectors (a male type or a female type) for my own cables with an option.
Transmission systemRS-232C (Async.)
Transmission speed2 -- 921,600bps
|API-PAC(W32)||Driver Library CD-ROM version|
|CCU-78F/25M||Divider Unit for COM-8Ch / 4Ch Board|
|CN5-D25F||25pin D-SUB (Female) Connector Five-piece Set|
|CN5-D25M||25pin D-SUB (Male) Connector Five-piece Set|
|CN5-D78M||78pin D-SUB (Male) Connector Five-piece Set|
|PCE78/25PS||Divider Shield cable for COM-8ch board (1m)|
|PCE78/9PS||Divider Cable for RS-232C 8ch(78P -> 9P x8)|
|RSC-25F||Cross Cable, RS-232C D-SUB25P(1.8m)|
|RSC-25F/9F||Cross Cable for Connector Conversion, RS-232C(25F -> 9F, 1.8m)|
|RSC-9F||Cross Cable, RS-232C D-SUB9P(1.8m)|
|RSS-25F/9M||Straight Cable for Connector Conversion, RS-232C(25F -> 9M, 1.8m)|
|RSS-25M/9F||Straight cable for Connector Conversion, RS-232C(25M -> 9F, 1.8m)|
|RSS-25M/F||Straight Cable, RS-232C D-SUB25P(1.8m)|
|RSS-78M||Connection Cable of COM-8ch CCU-78F/25M(2m)|
|RSS-9M/F||Straight Cable, RS-232C D-SUB9P(1.8m)|